Friday, May 28, 2010

A tale of two Joe Sestak versions of the truth

Sestak Version 1:

February 18, 2010

Larry Kane: “Were you ever offered a job to get out of this race?" (The contest against Arlen Specter)

Joe Sestak “Yes.”

Larry Kane: “Was it Navy Secretary?”

Joe Sestak: “No comment.”

Larry Kane: “So you were offered a job by someone in the White House?”

Joe Sestak: “Yes.”

February 19, 2010

White House Deputy Press Secretary: “You can say the White House says it’s not true.”

You can read the full dialogue here.

Sestak Version 2:
May 28, 2010

Joe Sestak: "Last summer, I received a phone call from President Clinton. During the course of the conversation, he expressed concern over my prospects if I were to enter the Democratic primary for U.S. Senate and the value of having me stay in the House of Representatives because of my military background."

Joe Sestak: "He said that White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel had spoken with him about my being on a Presidential Board while remaining in the House of Representatives. I said no."

You can read the full statement here.

2 comments:

Tim Fredriksson said...

Nice dialogue!
/Tim

Michael R Roberts said...

This was interesting to read.