Monday, November 03, 2008
My Thirteen Unanswered Questions about Dr. Chiyome Fukino's October 31 Statement Concerning Barack Obama's Birth Certificate
November 3, 2008
9:26 PM CST
Subject: My Thirteen Unanswered Questions about Dr. Chiyome Fukino's October 31 Statement Concerning Barack Obama's Birth Certificate
Ms. Janice Okubo
Department of Health
State of Hawaii
Dear Ms. Okubo,
I phoned you today with a request that you call me back so that I could ask you some important questions about Dr. Chiyome Fukino’s October 31, 2008 Statement concerning the State of Hawaii’s Department of Health’s review of Barack Obama’s original birth certificate.
As you have not returned my call, and the Presidential Election will be held tomorrow, I thought it important to try once again to receive from you some answers to questions I have about Dr. Fukino’s statement.
There are many American voters, such as myself, who remain unconvinced that Barack Obama is a natural born citizen, and therefore eligible to serve as President of the United States. Dr. Fukino’s October 31, 2008 statement was so carefully parsed it served to raise more questions for us than it answered.
Here are my thirteen unanswered questions for Dr. Fukino. As you are listed as the official communication contact on the statement, I am hoping you will read and respond to each of my questions before the polls open on the East Coast tomorrow morning:
1. Did you review the content of your October 31, 2008 statement with the Hawaii Attorney General and receive a written opinion from him that such a statement would not violate Hawaii privacy laws before you released it ?
2. If you reviewed it with the Attorney General, and he responded to you in writing, can you share that response with us ? Did he give you a legal opinion that you could issue such a release and not be in violation of the State of Hawaii's privacy laws ?
3. Did you review the content of your October 31, 2008 statement with Governor Lingle and receive her approval of the statement before you released it ?
4. Did you personally view an actual physical copy of the long form original birth certificate from August 4, 1961 signed by the attending physician at a Honolulu hospital?
5. What was the name of the hospital ?
6. What was the name of the attending physician ?
7. Besides holding an actual hard copy of the original August 4, 1961 birth certificate signed by the attending physician at a specific hospital in Honolulu, are there any other means by which, as you say "the state of Hawaii can have Barack Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with the state's policies and procedures regarding maintaining "original birth certificates on record".
8. Was the original birth certificate on record submitted as part of the 1911 Hawaii Birth Certificate program, which allowed parents of children residing in Hawaii who were over one year of age to submit alternate birth dcoumentation to the Department of Health and still be called "an original birth certificate."?
9. On what date was the original birth certificate on file registered ?
10. Can an original birth certificate enterred as a record in the State of Hawaii birth certificate data base , but no longer on file in a physical sense, be described as an “original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures” and is this the case for Barack Obama’s original birth certificate ?
11. Did Senator Obama personally authorize Dr. Fukino and Dr. Onaka to personally view his "original birth certificate on record." ? If so, when and how ?
12. Did Senator Obama personally authorize Dr. Fukino and Dr. Onaka to issue the statement of October 31, 2008 ? If so, when and how ?
13. Have Dr. Fukino and Dr. Onaka had any communication with Senator Obama or did they meet with him in person on any occasion in the last 30 days or in the last year ? If so, were those communications or meetings negotiations related to statements to be made about his birth certificate ?
Thank you for your assistance.
Michael Patrick Leahy