1. How would you use the extra cash you received under this plan during 2009, and would it, in your opinion, improve the economy more than PORKULUS ?
1) Eliminate small amount of non-mortgage debt, then would probably buy new Ford Flex; invest in low risk short term funds for son’s college in 5 years from now; additional savings and investment via dollar cost averaging; possibly take second traditional mortgage for 2nd home/future retirement home.
2) My small business (professional services corporation) would like hire a new associate (physician) . Our medical center would likely lift hiring freeze, raise health care worker salaries, accelerate $100M/5 yr capital plan.
3) The owner of our for-profit hospital system would likely lift hiring freezes, increase pay, improve facilities in the system that now employs 90,000 people.
2. What would be the best way to deal with the increased federal deficit envisioned under this plan ?
a. Cut spending across the board
A #TCOT member from Spokane, Washington