If you live in a city where an organized local tea party as part of tomorrow's www.nationwidechicagoteaparty is not currently planned, you still have time to organize a local "Plan B" Tea Party and be an important part of this national event. Here's what you do.
1. Appoint yourself as the local "Plan B" Tea Party organizer.
2. Reserve a table or private room at your favorite local restaurant. Preferably one with a WIFI connection.
3. Create a Facebook Event announcing your "Plan B" Tea Party. Try and have the time as close to noon EST Friday February 27 as possible.
4. Send me the link to your event in a comment here. Also, go to www.nationwidechicagoteaparty and follow the link to the main Facebook event we have created. "Attend" that event as a Maybe. Then POST your link to the Facebook Wall of that event. We will move it up to the main page for you.
5. Invite half a dozen or a dozen of your friends to the restaurant.
6. Tell everyone to bring their digital cameras, cell phones and laptops.
7. Join our Conference Call at 5 pm CST tonight. You can get the call in # by joining this ning group: http://tcotprojects.ning.com . Search today's events for the call in #.
8. Issue a Press Release to the local media.
9. Tomorrow, at the restaurant, follow the events of the day on Twitter using the #teaparty hashtag. Send live tweets. Send pics of your event. Call in our audio lines.
10. Send a message to @TCOTTV on Twitter. Ask to get the YouTube announcement. Retweet that announcement.