Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Random Comments About the Writing Process


My friend Keith Raffel provides an excellent example of how to complete the process of being a first time writer with style and class.

I mention him because his new book, a mystery titled "Dot Dead" , has gotten rave reviews. His website has a blog of his activities related to promoting the book, so I think I will model my blog on his.

But in my blog, you will see the writing process at an earlier stage.

My novel, "Fort Desperate", is at the second draft stage. I've gotten through my first twenty agent rejections, and have decided to send a query letter to a regional publisher -- Pelican -- that I think will have an interest in the book. We'll see.

More details on the book can be found at my web site: www.michaelpatrickleahy.com

No comments: