Monday, June 08, 2009

Obama Has "Created or Saved" 140 Million Jobs! (Orwellian Translation: He's LOST 3.5 million jobs since the end of 2008)

President Obama's Orwellian use of the English language continues to astound.

Obama doesn't merely "create" jobs -- he "creates or saves" them.

What exactly does that mean ?

It means he counts as a "victory" a job that isn't lost.

Total civilian employment in the last quarter of 2008 was 144 million. Total civilian employment in May 2009 was down to 140.5 million.

Obama Orwellian Translation:

Even though I can't run a lemonade stand, I know how to count. I will claim victory by claiming I've "created or saved" 140.5 million jobs. It would be too embarassing to admit that my foolish and irresponsible stimulus policies have actually LOST 3.5 million jobs !

No comments: