Friday, November 28, 2008

Brain Dead Luddite Index Chart of RNC Chariman Contenders


Melanie Hall, a Republican internet activist and member of the rapidly growing group Rebuild the Party has taken my term "Brain Dead Luddite" and developed an index to measure the degree to which the contenders for the RNC chair position are capable of using social media and internet based tools. Here's her description of the index:

This is the rough first version of the chart, showing how the candidates compare in tech areas. Please note that I did not find a facebook page for Chip Saltsman, and I could not get the friend count for Katon Dawson, since his page is private and I am waiting on a friend confirmation. I found a blog for Saul Anuzis, and Michael Steele has a couple posts on a blog on his campaign page. I did not locate blogs for the other two candidates, however, I am planning on revising the information, so if you have information that is pertinent please comment or message me. I am also considering tracking changes in the information over time, although I would prefer this be a representation of the candidates inclination to utilize technology on a regular basis, as opposed to a contest to see who can ignore the most followers on Twitter.


*Current number of followers on Twitter
**Current number of friends on Facebook

Michael Steele blog
Saul Anuzis blog
(BDL™ Michael Patrick Leahy)



UPDATE:

To see Melanie Hall's most current version of the Brain Dead Luddite Index (Now called the Republican Chairman Candidate Tech Index.
PLEASE CLICK HERE.

The latest version includes some very cool indices, such as Following to Follower Ratio and 'at-replies' to updates ratio.

No comments: